How do you relax?
Do you work from 9 to 5 or do you work sun-up to sun-down? If you are a small business owner and your own boss, you probably wear many hats and work non-stop. Do you have kids? Most likely you have practices, recitals, games, homework, and all of that other stuff. It is very hard to juggle all of the things that we have going on in our lives and this can cause a lot of stress. So how do you deal with stress? Ideally, it would be great to take some time off, but this isn’t always an option. Here are some ideas on how to manage and reduce stress:
- Sleep! If you are not getting enough sleep, it is inevitably going to lead to low productivity and ultimately stress. Getting the appropriate amount of sleep will keep you healthy; more focused, and help you get more accomplished. Sleep works better than caffeine.
- Take a Lunch Break. Force yourself to take a lunch break every day. You may feel like you don’t have time, but you really can’t afford not to.
- Take frequent short breaks. Even 5 minutes can make a world of difference. Focusing too hard for too long can cause a mental and physical strain. Let your body have a break.
- Go for a short walk. Stand up, stretch your legs, and get some fresh air. Getting your body moving will increase your blood flow and rejuvenate your body.
- Unplug at home. Leave your work at work. This may be easier said than done, but you need to have time away from your work in order to purge your stress. No worries, your work will be waiting for you when you return.
- Prioritize. In order to prevent undue stress. Make a schedule and follow it. It will take extra time to create it, but it will be well worth it in the end. If you assign time for everything that you need to get done, then you will be able to focus on one thing at a time.